Established in 1950 as the Japan Society for Oriental Medicine (JSOM), and in 1977, certified as an incorporated association, a non-profit foundation stipulated in Article 34 of the Civil Law.
The intention of the society is to hold research presentations and seek communication, tie-up and promotion concerning oriental medicine and contribute to the progress and dissemination of oriental medicine, and thus contributing to the development of scientific culture.
The Japan Society for Oriental Medicine engages in the following activities:
- (1) Hold scientific meetings and issue the Journal "Kampo Medicine" and other publications
- (2) Operate the medical specialist certification program of JSOM
- (3) Practice research studies concerning oriental medicine
- (4) Tie-up and interchange with various institutions Japanese and overseas
- (5) Other activities necessary for achieving the above objectives
Publication of Scientific Journals
Six editions of scientific journals "Kampo Medicine" are published yearly (plus abstract edition of Annual Meeting), and as of March 2011, we have published 274 editions in total (Second edition, Volume 62). The authors are, as a rule, members of the Japan Society for Oriental Medicine. Contributions in English for international dissemination of oriental medicine are also accepted.
With Annual Meetings on the head about 70 various meetings are held yearly.
|Certified Physicians||2,187 (Numbers are as of March 2014)|
- Otsuka,Yoshinori,M.D.,Ph.D. ( Hokkaido District )
- Itoh,Takashi,M.D., Ph.D.
Chairperson of Annual Meeting
- Yamada,Takahiro,M.D.,Ph.D.(Standing Directores)
- Kaneko,Yukio,M.D.,Ph.D.(Tokai District)
- Nakamura,Toichiro,M.D.,Ph.D.(Tohoku District)
- Sato,Hiroshi,M.D.,Ph.D.(Kanto District)
- Shimada,Yutaka,M.D.,Ph.D.(Hokuriku District)
- Takegawa,Yoshihiro,M.D.,Ph.D.(Chugoku District)
- Ushiroyama,Takahisa,M.D.,Ph.D.(Kansai District)
- Kokusai-Hamamatsucho Bldg. 6F, 1-9-18 Kaigan,Minato-Ku, Tokyo 105-0022, Japan